Torngat once was just supposed to be the tool to block the OTA updates and prevent app revokes. Over time, it has evolved into something more interesting and useful. With added functions, you can now also add customized icon mask to SpringBoard icons and select a customized bootlogo for your device. Torngat iOS app also lets you personalize some aspects of the Control Center as well. All in all, it is a pretty solid tool to have. And yes, the most amazing thing is that it DOES NOT require jailbreaking your device.
Torngat app is compatible with iOS 11, iOS 11.1.1 and iOS 11.1.2. Right now it is not compatible with iOS 11.2. We will soon make it compatible with iOS 11.2 too. This means you can install it on iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus that have not upgraded to 11.2 or newer version. You can also install it on iPhone 7 series of phones, iPad and iPod Touch that have upgraded to one of the compatible versions. Torngat is not available on any version older than iOS 11. Thankfully, plenty of iOS devices run on the compatible versions and hence most users will be able to enjoy this tool. If you are using Appvalley, use Xtender application to protect apps from getting revoked or crashed.
Download & Install Torngat for iOS (iPhone/iPad) Without Jailbreak:
This app lets you alter some of the iOS core files and that’s not something which we can perform with App Store apps. This is the reason why this app is not available on App Store. We will use an alternative or workaround to install this app. It is called side-loading. Have no worries as this app is safe and does not cause any harm to your device. Here is what you need to do:
- Launch Safari browser and visit the URL given below. Please note that this process will not work with any other browsers.
- At the bottom of the screen you can find up arrow mark. Tap on it.
- The menu will expand. You can find add to home screen button over there. Simply tap on it.
- In the very next window, It will ask you for the name. Simply name it as Torngat and tap the Add button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Wait for few seconds. Now you have app source on your iDevice.
- All you need to do is, Open the source by taping app icon.
- It will be launched within seconds. Now go to this download page to download the app.
- Now tap the ‘Install’ button on this page.
- You should now see a confirmation message asking for your approval to proceed; tap on ‘Install’ button so as to continue with the process.
Return to the device home screen where you will find the Torngat icon. Just wait for the installation to complete.
When you will run the app after installation it will show ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer.’ This is because the profile of this app is yet not signed. Don’t worry, you can fix this easily by following the steps below:
- Open device Settings.
- Select ‘General’.
- Scroll down and select ‘Profiles & Device Management’.
- Locate and tap on the ‘Torngat’ profile.
- Tap on ‘Trust’ followed by the name of the profile.
- Hit ‘Trust’ again but this time on the prompt.
This is how you sign the profile. No run the app and you are all set to go.
Open the app from the home screen. If the screen is covered by ad, close the ad by tapping the ‘X’ button. Tap the ‘Run’ button on the bottom followed by ‘Continue’ button that appears in a pop-up. Now, you will see the following options:
- Change Resolution
- Block Revokes
- Block Updates
- Control Center
- Icon Mask
We will take a look at them one by one.
- Change Resolution: This option lets you change the resolution of the device. Once you tap the button you will see the list of the available resolutions for your device. Pretty straightforward. However, we DO NOT recommend changing the resolution as it may cause harm to your device. I would rather leave this option untouched.
- Block Revokes: A lot of us like to use third-party apps. However, you must have seen that some apps get disabled after a while as they get revoked. By using ‘Block Revokes’ you can prevent the app revokes and make sure they continue to function. Tap ‘Block Revokes’ and tap ‘Block’ button on the next screen. Revokes are thus blocked.
If you need to unblock the revokes, open Torngat, tap ‘Block Revokes’ again and hit ‘Unblock’ button on the next screen.
- Block Updates: Apple offers automatic, Over the Air (OTA) iOS update. When you are connected to Wi-Fi, the new update is installed automatically. Sometimes, you do not wish to update your device, especially when you are using an app that will not work on any other firmware version.In order to block updates, press ‘Block Updates’ button followed by ‘Block’ button on the next screen. To confirm whether or not OTA has been blocked, go to Settings >> General >> Software Update. It should show the error ‘Unable to Check for Update.’ This simply means OTA has been disabled.If you would like to resume OTA updates, press ‘Block Updates’ one more time and then tap ‘Unblock.’
- Control Center: Open Torngat and Select ‘Control Center’. On the next screen press ‘Enable.’ By doing this, you will be able to customize some of the non-customisable Control Center modules. You will notice that there are two sliders on this screen. One lets you adjust the Audio Module height and the other lets you manipulate the Brightness Module height. This is pretty much it you can do with this option.
- Icon Mask: SpringBoard is the default iOS program that lets you organize the icons, wallpaper and more on your device. ‘Icon Mask’ feature of Torngat lets you customize the icon masks. Open this option on Torngat and you can choose from the presets Circular, Hexagon, and Leaf; you can also return to ‘Default’.You can also press ‘Custom Mask’ and add a personalized mask to the icons. When you press this button it will ask you to enter the destination URL for the image you wish to use as mask.Once you are done, press ‘Change’ button. Reboot the device for the changes to take effect.
- Bootlogo: You can now have a custom bootlogo instead of the old, boring one. Bootlogo is the Apple logo that appears when your device is booting up.Tap ‘Bootlogo’ button and enter the destination URL of the image you wish to use as the bootlogo image. You can use any image you want. It doesn’t necessarily have to be of Apple.
Torngat iOS app is one of the best customization apps we have come across recently. You can see how easily and quickly it lets you tweak your iOS settings. But, it is totally safe too. No harm is done to the device while using this tool. Now you don’t have to worry about the apps getting revoked or your iOS getting updated to an undesired version automatically. You can also play with icon masks and get a whole new bootlogo.